Howdy Folks! It has been awhile! Forgive me for my prolonged absence- it’s been a whirlwind couple of months! I moved houses, celebrated my golden birthday, went on a much overdue vacation to Nashville and New Orleans, and orchestrated a … Continue reading
With the 4th of July behind us, it seems the summer is flying by fast. Don’t let these precious days slip away. Take advantage of the time that’s left. Here are 11 things to do to make the most of your summer:
1. Start a reading list….. or a book. The idea of a whole list may be overwhelming, but just start with one and you may find yourself on a book binge. 🙂
2. Clean out your closet and have a garage sale. Take the stylist in you to the streets and merchandise your gently used attire on your driveway. Pay your fashion forward and earn some dough for your new looks 🙂
3. Write your name in the sand. This would require a trip to the beach! Don’t forget your favorite fashion magazines, iPod, and of course…. SUNSCREEN!
4. Do a DIY project for your home. Pinterest has loads of ideas and tutorials on do it yourself projects from furniture to home decor updates. What a great time to put on your tool belt and try them out.
5. Take pictures. With the convenience of camera phones and sharing though instagram, document your summer and share with your friends. You will be happy to look back in the winter when you are cold and sitting in the dark at 5:00 pm.
6. Catch a late night movie with your favorite someone. Summer movies are known for being the best of the year. After a long day in the sun, a good movie in a cool theater is just the ticket.
7. Try going blonde. If you have always wondered…. now is the time. Try lightening your locks with these natural techniques. If you decide that blondes don’t have more fun, your dark strands will be back by winter.
8. Save some gas and ride your bike. Invest in a cute basket for the front and you’ll be good to go. Think of all the extra exercise you will get and the $ you will save on gas. You can put that toward your closet 🙂
9. Sing around a bonfire. Despite the awkward start, EVERYONE will love it in the end. Just like nobody has met a Christmas carol they didn’t find catchy, nobody has met a bonfire that didn’t make them want to sing. Its just the way it is… KUMBAYA!
10. Take a vacation. It doesn’t matter if it is just a weekend getaway, or not a getaway at all but a few days off in a row. It is so important for your sanity to take a break and relax. Go up north for a weekend, or on a glam-ping trip. Or if you can’t get away, just take a few consecutive days off and treat yourself to morning coffee on the porch, a day at the beach, and reading in the park.
11. Sign up for a fun run. There are tons of organized runs in the summer. Whether a 5k or whole marathon; it is always fun and a great activity to do friends and family. The challenge is fulfilling and the endorphins from exercise makes you happier 🙂
Let us know what you do this summer! Enjoy these last summer months 🙂
Have a Magical Day!